Trim the Tree....

Hey, hello!
It's week 3 of FEATURE FRIDAY at Concord & 9th and this time we're showcasing the Trim the Tree stamps and dies.  Love that mondo-sized tree and all the bits you can use with it.


My first project is these little gift bags.  I've accumulated a few over the years of subscribing to scrapbook kit clubs and I like to decorate them with fabric shapes and use them as gift bags.  So quick and easy and re-usable.


The design of these is really simple -  I just ironed Heat'n'Bond to the back of a variety of fabrics, ran those through the Sizzix and ironed them onto the muslin bags.  While I was threading and gluing on buttons I was able to listen to one whole episode of the Stuff You Should Know podcast.  #winningatlife  




So while I was in the gift giving mindset, I decided to make some gift tags too.  I used the plaid background stamp set in various color combos, stamped a sentiment on vellum and layered them overtop the plaid background.  There is a To: and From: stamped on the back of each that I didn't think to photograph.




My final project is a shaker card.  I die cut the tree from coordinating Christmas patterned paper I had and stamped the sentiment on the inside of the card, so that it can be seen from the front.  I also stamped the lights (very carefully) on the top layer of acetate and filled the front with clear and gold shiny stuff.  I remember again why I don't often make shaker cards.  They are involved!!  So this one needs to go to someone worthy!  





Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to click over to the Concord & 9th blog to see what the other guest designers have created!

Comments

  1. Marveling and in awe over the magic you've created with these sets! Love everything! I'm going to 'borrow' your tree tags idea; I'll be making 55+ for my niece's Gr. 2 class and my nephew's kindergarten group! Best get started! Thank you for the amazing inspiration!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weren't kidding when you said shaker cards are quite the time investment! Yours is fantastic! Thanks for sharing this inspiration with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts