More Deck the Halls....

Hello, hi!

Today is my turn up on the Jane's Doodles blog and I've got a couple of cards made with the Deck the Halls stamp set again!

I went with a sort of not quite traditional-ish set of colors for these cards - Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Broken China and Faded Jeans - all Distress Oxide inks from Ranger/Tim Holtz.  For both cards, I set the stamps up in my MISTI so that they would stamp the bottom of the card and then switching the paper around, stamped the top of the card.  I stamped a piece of watercolor paper as well as a piece of Strathmore Bristol smooth cardstock.   


For the first card, (above) I smooshed the inks on a craft mat and using a big wet brush, picked up the ink and dabbed the colors all willy nilly, hither and yon, then let the colors run and blend as they would.  The Merry die cut is from Concord & 9th and the Christmas word stamp is from the Jane's Doodles Merry Christmas set.

On the bristol smooth card stock I used the foam applicators to blend the colors from lightest on top to darkest on the bottom and then splattered water to get the oxidized spots these inks are famous for.  I die cut the framed from the card panel and turned it on it's head and popped it up with some dimensional tape before adding the die cut title and stamped sentiment.  The alphabet dies I used for the Merry are Neat and Tangled Journaling alphas.


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Comments

  1. Your cards are breathtaking! I love this set, but can now see it's full potential, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- eye catching cards. love the colours, techniques and the images and dies you've used. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts